Privacy & Personal Information Definitions
Personal Information is any information that can be used to distinguish, identify or contact a specific individual or that a person creates and controls for his or her own use.
Contact information means information to enable an individual at a place of business to be contacted and includes the name, position name or title, business telephone number, business address, business email or business fax number of the individual
Customer Personal Information is personal information about a customer (i.e. “customer”) that is collected, used or disclosed solely for the purposes reasonably required to do business with that customer.
Purpose of Information
Customer personal information is collected, used and disclosed by the Company for the purposes of the establishment, administration and termination of the plant sales relationship and to comply with applicable laws and regulations.
Consent will be obtained for collection, use and disclosure reasonably required for the establishment, administration and termination of the relationship. Consent is not required in a number of specific circumstances such as investigations and proceedings, court subpoenas and publicly available information. However, in any other circumstances, the customer’s knowledge and consent is required for the collection, use or disclosure of customer personal information.
Except as set out in this Policy, or as required or permitted by applicable law, the Company will not sell, rent or disclose any customer personal information to any other organization and the Company will not transmit customer personal information to third parties without first obtaining consent to do so.
Types of Information | Limiting Collection
The Company will only collect information that it needs in order to deal with the sales relationship. The specific types of information we collect is as follows:
- Given name, surname, address, telephone number, residential address, mailing address, and other contact information;
- If applicable, payment information;
- Ordering and shipping information, including order details about products sold; and
- Such other information we may collect with your consent or as permitted or required by law or regulation.
Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention
The Company will not use or disclose customer personal information for any purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with customer’s consent or as required or permitted by law. Customer personal information is retained only as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes. The Company will not keep customer personal information if it is no longer needed for the purposes required, or as required by applicable law or prudent business practices on general document retention.
- To operate the Website and provide products and services to you:
- To fulfill buying and selling requests on the Website.
- To bill and deliver products you purchased i.e. your name, address and credit card information will be used to process transactions and to deliver products to you.
- To manage, administer, collect and enforce payment of accounts;
- To audit, adhere to insurance, security and processing requirements;
- To analyze, develop and improve our product offerings;
- To provide updates or other information about our products or services;
The Company will make all reasonable efforts to ensure that personal information is accurate, complete and current as required for the purpose for which it was collected. If necessary, the Company will correct or amend any personal information if its accuracy and completeness is challenged and found to be deficient.
The Company protects customer personal information against loss or theft with appropriate security safeguards. Safeguards include physical, administrative and electronic security measures. Information is safeguarded from unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
Management and other staff who handle customer personal information as part of their job responsibilities are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of all customer personal information to which they have access. The Company will ensure that these customers are informed and up to date about the Company policies and procedures for protecting customer personal information.
For more information about our privacy practices, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or by mail using the details provided below